- one 4–6 oz. container of feta
- a knob of cream cheese or a spoonful Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1–2 tablespoons harissa paste (2 tablespoons would be medium spicy)
- one 14-ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- two 14-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- chopped parsley (optional)
- pita or naan
- diced cucumber
- lemon wedges
1 - Make the Whipped Feta: In a small chopper or food processor, pulse the feta, cream cheese, and garlic until mostly smooth and “whipped.” Add a little water as needed to loosen it up.
2 - Make the Chickpeas: Add the olive oil to a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and harissa; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and chickpeas. Mix and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Using a potato masher or similar tool, mash some of the chickpeas so the mixture becomes a little creamier. Season with lemon juice, salt, and parsley. Add a little bit of water if it gets a little dried out.
3 - Serve: Serve harissa chickpeas on a plate with the whipped feta and any of the sides/toppings.
Recipe from Pinch of Yum