New York Wine & Food Festival
I was lucky enough to score a ticket to one of the Grand Tastings of the first annual New York Wine & Food Festival. It does help to have a roommate in high places...thanks MB!! I didn't really know what to expect, but I had no doubt this was going to be a very cool NYC foodie adventure!
In a giant tent on Pier 54 in Hudson River Park, dozens of restaurants and wine suppliers set up tables offering samples of their cuisine.
Some of the highlights included:
- A mushroom dumpling in a truffle sauce from Wakiya
- A mini Pannetone cake with apricot and raisins
- Pineapple salsa and Chipotle tomato soup from Rosa Mexicano
- Manchego rice and grilled vegetables from Pamplona
- A sampling of cheeses from Murray's
Executive Chef Jim Botsacos of Molyvos
Hill Country (Check out the sources of the reviews...my current and past employers!)
Book signing with Alton Brown of Food Network
It was a gastronomic experience Miss Menu will not soon forget!!